Archive for the ‘R7’ Category

Accented characters not showing up properly in R7.0.3

A few months ago, we upgraded all of our Brazilian users to Notes 7.0.3. After we did so, the automated messages generated by their help desk ticket system stopped displaying Portuguese accented characters properly.

When accessing the same message through DWA, the message and accented characters showed up correctly.

We generated a PMR with IBM, who told us to right click within the message, and choose Encoding\Other\Unicode (Auto-Detect) which seemed to fix the isssue.

It appears that the message that is generated by the help desk system is received by Domino via SMTP and when the message is delivered the MIME type is unknown. So this fixes the problem one a one by one basis, but how do you fix it so that the default Encoding is Unicode (Auto-Detect) and/or UTF-8? Read the rest of this entry »

Invalid collection data was detected

I’ve just upgraded some of our Domino severs from 6.5.6 FP3 HF63 to 7.0.3 FP1 HF517. I put alot of testing into it so it has been relatively smooth.

I did find that I had some template replication issues, so I went around, deleted every template in our environment except on one isolated 7.0.3 server. I then signed all the templates on that server and used the admin client to create replicas on our hub servers which had also been upgraded to 7.

I had real problems with the following templates: activity.ntf, admin4.ntf, certlog.ntf, dba4.ntf, and webadmin.ntf.

admin4.ntf, certlog.ntf, and dba4.ntf had a bad ACL set, so I couldn’t sign any of them, and the LocalDomainServers group couldn’t replicate. I fixed that and signed the templates and replicated them.

One of them was set to temporarily disable replication, and I fixed that.

All that was left was activity.ntf and webamin.ntf. For some reason, activity.ntf wouldn’t initialize. I had to try several times before I got it working through adminp.

I could never get webadmin.ntf to replicate because the error message that shows up when the temporarily disable replication tickbox is checked kept appearing, but the template did not in fact have that checked.

I starting looking through DDM today, and found that one template and one database generate errors when design runs.

Design error for database ‘help\readme.nsf’: Invalid collection data was detected.
Design error for database ‘dominoblog.ntf’: Invalid collection data was detected.

I looked in R7 admin help, Notes 6 and 7 discussion forums, and google, and “Invalid collection data was detected” appears nowhere.

These are all small things, but wouldn’t expect finicky templates from 7.0.3.


I'm currently available
for Lotus Notes / Domino consulting engagements.


Connect with me: